Monday 1 September 2014

Record reporter turned soldier voices doubts over Afghan War

I wonder if this soldier actually went to Afghanistan purely in order to write a book. I could have told him about the futility and failure before he went. 
Record reporter turned soldier voices doubts over Afghan War in new book and asks: What did we fight for? - Daily Record
Struggling to reconcile his experience of service, personal loss, and what the mission actually achieved, Stephen writes: “I just pray to God it was all worth it.”
His book is also a damning account of the way the military is run in terms of operations, provision of equipment and the treatment of recruits.
Stephen writes: “Personally, I am unsure what, if anything, we achieved over there.
“This single truth leaves a bitter aftertaste when I think of the sacrifices made by soldiers and families.”

No comments:

Post a Comment